Here’s a quick look at my top five favorite Austin events from the past year. There are lots of good memories from 2016, but like many other people, I’m glad to move on. Here’s to a happy and healthy New Year!
5. O. Henry Pun-Off: 2016 – The Pun-Off is a true Austin original and always entertaining. Nice weather made this May event especially enjoyable.
Blog Entry: O. Henry Pun-Off: 2016
4. Vietnam War Summit – I was fortunate to attend two days of this three-day event which was hosted by the Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library. I listened to fascinating and thought-provoking discussions about the war and its impact on the world today.
Blog Entry: Vietnam War Summit
3. Texas Book Festival – The upcoming presidential election made for some very interesting author discussions at this annual festival. Most of their predictions were completely wrong!
Blog Entry: Texas Book Festival: 2016
2. Austin City Limits Music Festival – Weekend 2 of ACL Fest has a bad history, but we had decent weather this year and heard lots of great music.
1. South by Southwest – A tiring, but fantastic, ten days. SXSW Interactive is my favorite, but the entire conference is interesting. My 2016 highlight was winning a ticket to see Evan Smith’s conversation with President Obama.
Getting Ready for SXSW: 2016
SXSW: March 11 2016
SXSW: March 12 2016
SXSW: March 13 2016
SXSW: March 14 2016
SXSW: March 15 2016
SXSW: March 16 2016
SXSW: March 17 2016
SXSW: March 18 2016
SXSW: March 19 2016
SXSW 2016: The Weird and the Cool
© Austin Downtown Diary, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Austin Downtown Diary with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.