As 2015 comes to an end, I looked back through my blog entries and picked out my favorite activities over the past twelve months. Austin is certainly not boring! There’s a festival, race, or big-name concert nearly every weekend, and lots of local live music every single night. So, here’s my Top Five picks for 2015…
5. Brick Fiesta – I loved this LEGO festival. Everything was Awesome!
Blog Entry: Brick Fiesta
4. EAST and WEST – The East and West Austin Studio Tours were so much fun. This year I went out exploring on one May weekend of WEST and on both November weekends of EAST. I enjoyed chatting with the artists, seeing their studios/homes, and admiring their art.
3. Austin Museum Day – Austin is so fortunate to have so many high-quality museums, and they’re all free on one Sunday in September. I especially enjoyed my first-time visits to Chateau Bellevue and Oakwood Cemetery this year.
2. Austin City Limits Music Festival – Interestingly, I didn’t put ACL Fest on last year’s list, probably because that weekend was so doggone hot. But this year’s October weather was perfect, and Bill and I saw lots of great bands. The Decemberists’ after-show at the ACL/Moody Theater was definitely the highlight of the weekend.
1. South by Southwest – Yep, I’m hooked. For two years in a row, SxSW has been my favorite Austin activity. Interactive, Film, Music. Love it all.
Getting Ready for SxSW: 2015
SxSW: March 13 2015
SxSW: March 14 2015
SxSW: March 15 2015
SxSW: March 16 2015
SxSW: March 17 2015
SxSW: March 18 2015
SxSW: March 19 2015
SxSW: March 20 2015
SxSW: March 21 2015
SxSW: The Weird and the Cool
© Austin Downtown Diary, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Austin Downtown Diary with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.